Equations of Motion-
We have following 4 equations of motion-
- v = Final velocity of the body
- u = Initial velocity of the body
- a = acceleration of the body
- t = time for which the body is in motion
- s = displacement of the body in motion
- n = nth second of motion of the body
- sn = displacement of the body in nth second
Condition For Equations of Motion-
The above equations of motion are valid only when the following conditions are satisfied-
- The motion of a body is in straight line (rectilinear motion).
- The body travels with uniform acceleration (uniformly accelerated motion).
Derivations of Equations of Motion By Calculus Method-
Derivation of 1st Equation of Motion-
Derivation of 2nd Equation of Motion-
Read the next article on-
Get more notes and other study material of Motion in One Dimension.